The 2023 Dr Pepper High Country College Tuition Giveaway
No Purchase Or Text Message Necessary To Play Or Win. A Purchase Or Text Message Of Any Kind Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning. Void Where Prohibited. Each Text Message Sent Or Received May Incur A Charge As Provided In Your Rate Plan. Message And Data Rates May Apply. If You Choose To Participate Via Text Message, You Will Receive One (1) Bounce Back Text In Response To Your Text To The Short Code. Text Messaging May Not Be Available Through All Wireless Carriers.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 am Mountain Time (“MT”) on August 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 pm MT on October 31, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
There are two (2) possible methods of entry (“Entry”). Regardless of method of Entry, there is a limit of one (1) Entry, per person, per day, throughout the Promotion Period.
Method A: To enter the Promotion via this method, during the Promotion Period, from your text enabled mobile device (your “Mobile Device”), text keyword “AWARD” or “WINNER” (the “Keyword”) found on the Promotion point-of-sale materials at any participating stores in the Eligible States and Counties to the Short Code 737737 (the “Short Code”). If you choose to participate via this method, once you text the Keyword to the Short Code, you will receive one (1) bounce back text message informing you whether you are a potential prize winner (“Prize”). If you choose to participate via this method, your wireless service standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your Mobile Device according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. For help, text the word HELP to 737737.
Method B: During the Promotion Period, visit www.drpeppertuitionpromo.com/highcountry (“The “Promotion Site”) or scan the QR code which can be found on promotional material. The code will take you to the website where you will complete the information requested on the entry form to enter.
All Entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible. In the event of a dispute as to the person responsible for any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address provided, or the Mobile Device used to Enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” of an email address, is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The “authorized account holder” of a Mobile Device is the natural person in whose name the Mobile Device has been issued and the services are billed. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or Mobile Device. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Mobile Devices, phones, identities, or any other methods, may void such participant’s Entries, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, untranslatable, incomprehensible, or misdirected Entries. If you chose to participate via a Mobile Device, other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Promotion. Mobile Device service may not be available in all areas. Check your Mobile Device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
- Winner Determination/Prize/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): On or about two (2) business days after the Promotion Period has ended, Administrator, an independent judging agency, shall perform a Prize Drawing from among all eligible Entries received (“Prize Drawing”), to select four (4) potential Prize winners (“Prize Winners”). Once confirmed, each Prize winner will receive one (1) Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000) Tuition Award. The Total ARV of the Prizes is twenty thousand dollars ($20,000). Limit one (1) Prize per person.
Tuition/Educational Awards are payable as follows:
- As tuition to cover college or postsecondary vocational institution tuition, fees, books, supplies, equipment, related educational expenses and on-campus room and board to be awarded in the form of a check distributed to the school (eligible under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended) and located in the United States on behalf of the Prize Winner or Winner’s designee, who must be at least 17 years of age or older (“Designee”); or
- To pay off student loans incurred for eligible costs in Section 6(a) in the form of a check distributed to the loan servicing company on behalf of the Prize Winner or Winner’s Designee or
- A combination of Sections 6(a) and (b) in an amount not to exceed the Tuition Award amount.
All Tuition Awards will be administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America, and are subject to the following and all other terms of these Official Rules. Tuition Awards are to be used for postsecondary education expenses at an accredited two- or four-year college, technical school, vocational school, or master or doctorate degree program in the United States. Tuition Awards may be used to pay current educational expenses, student loans incurred in a previous academic year for eligible costs, or a combination of both not to exceed the Tuition Award amount. Checks for the full amount will be sent to the institution designated by the Prize Winners or their Designees. Payments applied to educational loans will be payable to the loan servicing company for the Prize Winner or their Designee. (Tuition Awards may be considered taxable and Form 1099-Miscellaneous Income will be issued).
Awards may be used for current educational expenses until the expiration date of December 31, 2024 (the “Expiration Date”) or until a degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Following completion of a degree program, the Prize Winner may opt to continue to pursue another degree level until the award expires or use toward existing education loans. At the request of the Prize Winner), he or she may designate that the Tuition Award be held at Scholarship Management Services on account for another person (Designee) to be used for eligible education purposes as provided herein.
Upon notification as a Prize Winner, he or she must notify Scholarship Management Services of their intent to gift the Tuition Award to the Designee. Scholarship Management Services will set aside the funds until such time as the Designee notifies Scholarship Management Services that the Designee is ready to use the funds for eligible education-related expenses. The Tuition Award proceeds shall be transferred one (1) time only. The Prize Winner must supply the following identifying information about the Designee to Scholarship Management Services: name, phone number, age, relationship, and postsecondary school information (if known at such time) or the contact information for the loan servicing company. Scholarship Management Services shall not transfer the Tuition Award to an eligible institution or loan servicing company on behalf of the Designee until such time as the identifying information is verified by the Designee and to the satisfaction of Scholarship Management Services. The Prize Winner shall be responsible for completing and filing the required gift tax forms with the Internal Revenue Service. There may be a tax liability to the Prize Winner or Designee, and the Prize Winner or Designee should consult with a tax expert before accepting the Tuition Award. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued to the Prize Winner or Designee. Any tax liability will be the responsibility of the Prize Winner or Designee.
In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of Tuition Awards herein. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any Tuition Awards, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of greater or equal value determined solely by Sponsor shall be allowed. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All taxes, if any, are each the responsibility of Prize Winner, their Designee, or the Prize Winner’s or Designee’s selected, eligible institution or loan servicing company (valued at more than $599). All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Prize Winner Notification/Verification: The potential Prize winner is not an official winner unless and until Sponsor/Administrator confirms such. The potential Prize winner will be notified via email to the email address or phone number (if available) provided, on or about one (1) business day after the Prize Drawing. Administrator will make two (2) attempts to contact each potential Prize winner via such method. Potential Prize winner will have one (1) business day from the time of the first notification attempt to respond to Administrator or potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and Administrator will select/notify an alternate potential Prize Winner, time permitting. If in any instance, notification attempt(s) for a potential Prize Winner fails for any reason, or if a potential Prize Winner is found to have not complied with these Official Rules, fails to return any of the requested documents within the timeframe provided, or cannot accept the Prize for any reason, the applicable Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected from among remaining eligible Entries for the applicable drawing, if any, time permitting.
- Publicity Grant: Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use the name, account information, email, or actual or simulated likeness, biographical information, city, state, opinions, and Prize information of the Prize winner in connection with the Promotion and the marketing thereof (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes), in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media, without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Further, each Prize winner hereby indemnifies the Released Parties from any claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising from breach of these Official Rules.
- General Terms/Limitation of Liability: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Released Parties assume no responsibility for late, lost, jumbled, stolen, delayed, misdirected, incorrect, or inaccurate Entries, email, calls, or other communications of any kind whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion or by any human error. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, technical problems, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Promotion, whether typographical, mechanical, network, human, or otherwise, including but not limited to, error(s) or problems which may occur in administration of the Promotion, or in the selection/announcement of the Prize or the Prize winners, or in any Promotion-related materials. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted where Sponsor deems fit and the Prizes will be awarded via random drawings from among all eligible Entries received for the applicable Eligibility Areas up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation, or termination, or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated tweets are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online tweet; (ii) to have tampered with the participation process or the operation of this Promotion; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Participants agree that the Released Parties, (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and hereby release the Released Parties from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use a Prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to a Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS PROMOTION. If a court, or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, shall hold any of the provisions of these Official Rules to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- Governing Law/Venue: THE PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN TEXAS. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF. THE RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED IN PROMOTIONAL LAW AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN TEXAS. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN COLLIN COUNTY TEXAS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
- Request for the Names of Winners and/or Official Rules: For the names of the Prize winners, available after the Promotion Period has ended, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received by 11/30/23, to 2023 Dr Pepper High Country College Tuition Giveaway PO Box 7775 Cumberland, RI 02864.
- SPONSOR: Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. 6425 Hall of Fame Lane, Frisco, TX 75034
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Promotion is only open to legal residents of the U.S. in CO, MN, MT, ND, SD, UT or WY; 18 or older as of the date of their participation. The Promotion begins on 8/1/23 at 12:00 a.m. MT and ends on 10/31/23 at 11:59 p.m. MT. To Enter and for Official Rules, visit www.drpeppertuitionpromo.com/highcountry
Sponsor: Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. 6425 Hall of Fame Lane, Frisco, TX 75034
DR PEPPER is a registered trademark of Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. ©2023 Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.