2023 Dr Pepper Cashwise Tuition Giveaway
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Mountain Time (“MT”) on 11/20/23 and ends at 11:59:59 PM MT on 12/31/23 the (“Sweepstakes Period”).
5. Prize Drawing/Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): On or about two (2) business days after the Sweepstakes Period(s) have ended, Administrator, an independent judging agency, shall perform a prize drawing from among all eligible entries, to select two (2) potential Prize Winners. Once confirmed, each Prize Winner will receive one (1) One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) Tuition Award. The Total ARV of the Prizes is Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000). Limit one (1) Prize per person.
Tuition/Educational Awards are payable as follows:
- As undergraduate or graduate level tuition at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical/trade school (“Eligible Institution”) to cover “Eligible Costs” defined as tuition, fees, books, supplies, equipment, related educational expenses and on-campus room and board to be awarded in the form of a check distributed to the Eligible Institution (eligible under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended) and located in the United States on behalf of the Prize Winner or a single Designee, who must be at least 17 years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident;
- To pay off student loans incurred for Eligible Costs in the form of a check distributed to the loan servicing company on behalf of the Prize Winner or a single Designee; or
(c) A combination of Sections 5 (a) and (b) in an amount not to exceed the Tuition Award amount.
All Tuition Awards will be administered by Scholarship America, Inc. (“Scholarship America”), and are subject to the following and all other terms of these Official Rules. Tuition Awards are to be used to pay current Eligible Costs, student loans incurred in a previous academic year(s) for Eligible Costs, or a combination not to exceed the Tuition Award amount. Checks for the full amount will be sent to the Eligible Institution designated by the Prize Winners or their Designees. Payments applied to educational loans will be payable to the loan servicing company for the Prize Winner or their Designee. (Tuition Awards may be considered taxable and Form 1099-Miscellaneous Income will be issued).
The Tuition Awards must be used for current educational expenses until the expiration date of December 31, 2024 (the “Expiration Date”) or until a degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Following completion of a degree program, the Prize Winner may opt to continue to pursue another degree level until the award expires, is used up, or use toward existing education loans.
Upon notification as a Prize Winner, he or she must notify Scholarship America of their intent to gift the Tuition Award to a single Designee. Scholarship America will set aside the funds until such time as the Designee notifies Scholarship America that the Designee is ready to use the funds for Eligible Costs or student loans. Any Tuition Award not used by the Expiration Date, whether for the Prize Winner or Designee, will be forfeited and returned to Sponsor. The Tuition Award proceeds shall be transferred one (1) time only to a single Designee. The Prize Winner must supply the following identifying information about the Designee to Scholarship America: name, phone number, age, relationship, and postsecondary school information (if known at such time) or the contact information for the loan servicing company. Scholarship America shall not transfer the Tuition Award to an eligible institution or loan servicing company on behalf of the Designee until such time as the identifying information is verified by the Designee and to the satisfaction of Scholarship America. The Prize Winner shall be responsible for completing and filing the required gift tax forms with the Internal Revenue Service. There may be a tax liability to the Prize Winner, and the Prize Winner should consult with a tax expert before accepting the Tuition Award. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued to the Prize Winner. Any tax liability will be the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of Tuition Awards herein. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any Tuition Awards, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of greater or equal value determined solely by Sponsor shall be allowed. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All taxes, if any, are each the responsibility of Prize Winner, their Designee, or the Prize Winner’s or Designee’s selected, Eligible Institution or loan servicing company (valued at more than $599). All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotions. Odds of winning a Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated Prizes herein. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the Prize. The Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for a Prize, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to Prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of greater or equal value determined by Sponsor shall be allowed. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person, for the entire Sweepstakes.
6. Prize Winner Notification/Verification/Prize Restrictions: The potential Prize winners will be notified via the email address or phone number on or about two (2) business days after the Prize Drawing. Administrator will make two (2) attempts to contact the potential Prize winners via such method. Potential Prize Winners will have three (3) business days from the time of the first notification attempt to respond to Administrator or potential winner will be disqualified and Administrator will select/notify an alternate potential winner. Potential Prize winners will be required to execute and return a Declaration of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of date of notification. If such documents are not returned within the specified time, the Prize may be forfeited at Sponsor’s discretion. If in any instance, notification attempt(s) for the potential winner fail for any reason, or if a potential winner is found to have not complied with these Official Rules, fails to return any of the requested documents within the timeframe provided, or cannot accept the Prize for any reason, the applicable Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among remaining eligible Entries for that drawing, if any. By accepting a Prize in the Sweepstakes, all potential/confirmed winners hereby consent to the use by the Sponsor of their Entry and all information contained therein including but not limited to, name, likeness, opinions, images, statements and/or other indicia of persona, and personally-identifiable information (collectively “Likeness”), for any and all uses and purposes (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising and trade) in any media now known or hereinafter developed in any manner throughout the world (including, without limitation, the World Wide Web and on-air) in perpetuity without additional consideration (where legal), consent or prior review, and upon request will provide written consent to such use. All decisions of Sponsor/Administrator relating to the Sweepstakes and drawings are final.
7. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ENTRANTS OR WINNERS OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES AND FORFEITURE OF ANY PRIZE. Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the Prizes, fulfillment of Prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated Entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void all associated Entries) it suspects or finds: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means of entry or any other means to subvert the entry process; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entrants agree that the Released Parties (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and hereby release the Released Parties from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use the Prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted where Sponsor deems fit and the Prizes will be awarded via random drawings from among all eligible Entries received for each drawing up until the time of termination, or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes at random from among the eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period and overall, up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If any part of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty and liability disclaimers set forth herein, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and these Official Rules shall continue in effect. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZES TO BE AWARDED TO AN INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
8. Governing Law/Venue: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN TEXAS. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF. THE RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED IN PROMOTIONAL LAW AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN TEXAS. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF COLLIN OR DALLAS, TEXAS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
9. Request for the Names of the Winners and/or Official Rules: For the names of the Prize winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received by 1/30/2023, to 2023 Dr Pepper Cashwise Tuition Giveaway PO Box 7775 Cumberland, RI 02864. Please note on the left-hand corner of your outer envelope if you are requesting the Names of Winners or Official Rules.
10. Sponsor: Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. 6425 Hall of Fame Lane, Frisco, Texas 75034
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Must be a legal resident currently residing in ND; 17+ as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes begins on 11/20/23 at 12:00 a.m. MT and ends on 12/31/23 at 11:59 p.m. MT. Limit (1) entry per person per day. To Enter and for Official Rules, visit www.drpeppersweeps.com/cashwise.
Sponsor: Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. 6425 Hall of Fame Lane, Frisco, Texas 75034
DR PEPPER is a registered trademark of Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. ©2023 Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.